To Sign Up for Tutorials
Yearbook Contest #3:
We are creating a new yearbook page about IHMS students who have recently become friends. While some people have been friends for several years now, there are those who have made new friends and have created strong bonds even though they haven't known each other long. We want a photo of you with your friend, taken during your time at IHMS. Be sure to include the names of everyone who appears in the photo who currently goes to IHMS.
If your photo is selected, it will appear in the yearboook!!
*NOTE: Only photos of current IHMS students will be eligible for this contest.
There are 2 ways to submit your photo:
1. Visit our secure website: www.hjeshare.com and enter school code: 16215
2. Download the free app for your iPhone/iPod touch: "Herff Jones eShare" and enter school code: 16215
Photos need to be in digital format; either scanned or taken on a digital camera/device. Please select high-quality images only; low-resolution images will not be published. After reviewing all photo submissions, the IHMS Yearbook Staff will determine the final selections for publication.
Submitted photos are not guaranteed to be included in the Yearbook.
Thank you in advance for your photos and good luck!
~IHMS Yearbook Staff
To post a message on the Iron Horse marquee for a student's birthday, please click here and return the form to the office.
Little Mermaid Auditions
Little Mermaid, Jr. Auditions
February 29th, March 1st and 3rd
Click here for more information and to reserve an audition appointment.
ATTENTION 8th Graders!!!
Attention 8th graders!
Testing for 9th grade A/P courses will be held on:
March 8, 2016
3:00PM to 5:00PM
On the Iron Horse campus
Reserve your spot by registering here
Click here to learn more about Success Tutorial
**LIBRARY OPEN HOURS**
The Library is now open after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:45-3:45.
2/12 Spelling Bee at 9:00am in the Library
Spirit Day- Dress in Pink or Red
2/15 NO SCHOOL - President's Day
2/29, 3/1, 3/3 Drama Auditions: Little Mermaid
Youth to Youth Middle School Conference
The Youth-to-Youth Middle School Conference will be held on Saturday, March 5th, 2016. This AMAZING conference is an opportunity for middle school teens to spend the day with high school leaders, who believe in making healthy choices and decisions, such as being drug, alcohol, and tobacco free. However, this conference is about so much more than drug and alcohol prevention - it's about leadership, self-confidence, and empowering young people to make positive choices that impact their future.
This fun filled all-day event consists of games, team building activities, inspirational speakers, workshops, small group sessions, and more...all focusing on helping teens to make positive choices in their lives. The days ends with an awesome DJ and dance!
Click HERE for more info.
"She's All That" Conference
An exciting and distinctive conference that past participants have said should be mandatory for all middle-school aged girls. "I think it's great the girls are getting this attention and information - there are people in the community who care enough about the girls to do this for them" was the feedback from one parent last year. Another mentioned that she and her daughter waited a year to participate and it was "everything I could have hoped for."
When: Saturday, March 19th, 2016
Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Where: California High School
Fee: $35 before March 6th/ $40 after March 6; scholarships available
For more information and to register, visit:
Carpool Incentive Program
Congratulations to Kathy Seronio for winning the $25 gas card drawing for January. All parents/students involved in a carpool here at IHMS are eligible for the monthly drawings.
On behalf of the school community, thank you for making it a priority to leave a little earlier and exercising safe driving habits! I continue to encourage our families to participate in carpools to help alleviate traffic. This is a great practice anytime! As an incentive, we are raffling off $25 gas gift cards on a monthly basis. To be entered, please register as a carpool participant using the linked Google Form below.
Please fill out the form IHMS Carpool Incentive Program.
NEW STUDENT Enrollment
1. To enroll, log-on to the district website and complete the on-line application (http://www.srvusd.net/enrollyourchild)
2. After completing the on-line application, please make an appointment with Iron Horse and bring your required documents to your scheduled appointment. Click here to schedule you appointment: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4caba62fa7fd0-newstudent
Paperwork required at your scheduled appointment:
1. Print out of your on-line application/summary
2. Students original birth certificate OR passport
3. Students immunization records from a physician
4. Parent / guardians original & current picture ID (Driver’s license, CA issued ID, passport, military ID)
5. Original mortgage statement, escrow closing papers indicating sale has already closed, grant deed, property tax bill OR lease/rental agreement which states the property address, names of occupants living in San Ramon (students name must appear) and signed by both parties (no copies accepted)
6. AND a current PG&E or water bill with name and address listed (within 45 days for new home purchases/rentals) unless you just moved in. In this case it will be requested at a later date.
** If you have a current 5th grade enrolled in one of our feeder schools (Bollinger Canyon, Golden View, Montevideo, Twin Creeks or part of Walt Disney Elementary) you do not need to enroll. Your student will automatically roll into our enrollment for the 2016-17 school year. If you are from Walt Disney and are not sure if your residential school is Pine Valley or Iron Horse, log-on to the district website and click on “School Locator”. After entering your residential address it will list the school your child will attend.
A California Department of Education Gold Ribbon School
12601 Alcosta Blvd. San Ramon, CA 94583
Tel: (925) 790-2500
Fax: (925) 824-2830
Attendance: (925) 790-2599
Counseling/Enrollment (925) 790-2580
Parent Patrol Sign-ups
Parents....Interested in helping out during your students lunch? Sign up for Iron Horse's Parent Patrol HERE now!
Whats Up IHMS
Follow IHMS on Twitter
IHMS Bullying Survey
Click here to view the results from the 2012-13 IHMS Bullying Survey