Prerequisite: Application, teacher recommendation and interview required
The Iron Horse Leadership Program is designed for students who take a genuine interest in creating a positive school climate. Leadership activities include planning events such Spirit Days, organizing school dances, leading community-based projects such as Penny Drive and Food Drive, running the student store and presenting school information to Advisory classes. Based on these activities, students who apply for Leadership Class should possess the following qualities:
• Willingness to participate in all spirit activities
• Good public speaking skills
• Ability to work well in groups
• Positive attitude and willingness to include others
• High level of honesty and responsibility
In addition, students must have a 3.0 GPA minimum with no grades lower than a B-, excellent attendance and a clean discipline record.